Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Boston, aka Beantown

First off, I have to comment on how funny it is to see people's immediate cut-throat reaction to calling Boston "Beantown". You can barely get it out without someone correcting you; "No one calls it that you know". Yeah, I know.....that's why it's fun to say.

So far, Boston is pretty cool. I haven't been able to do all that much exploring, but what I have seen to-date is pretty cool. Milford, the town I am living in, is pretty much what I've been longing for. You have direct access to all the necessities, grocery stores, bakeries, liquor stores, and (of course) Home Depot; but, at the same time, you don't have to deal with all the city bull-snot. Milford is drop-dead quite at night, which is amazing. For the first time in a long time, I feel somewhat safe at night.

Our upstairs neighbors have turned out to be pretty awesome as well. Jenny and Michelle have both lived in the Boston area their entire lives, so they're full of useful knowledge.

more to follow.....

1 comment:

Hadley said...

Beantown... yeah, this Hotlanta girl can't believe they don't call it that...